November Mission of the Month | Youthworks
It’s exciting and wonderful to see how your support and prayers are continuing to make it possible for young people to be impacted by the teaching of God’s Word – through SRE in schools, through camps, or through youth ministry activities. Because of this, children and youth are understanding the extravagant love that God has for them in Christ, and are growing up to be servant-hearted leaders.
I’m so grateful that, as a faithful partner in this essential gospel work, you understand just how important it is to continue investing into young people’s lives, helping them in their faith journeys. Your support is helping Ministry Leaders disciple young people well. It’s equipping those leaders to provide the resources young people need to live for Jesus and share the gospel hope they have with others.
Thank you for valuing young people and supporting them to grow in their walks with God.
Canon Craig Roberts, CEO Youthworks
The Works Newsletter, October 2022
- Square One | 4-6 November
- SRE Conference 2023 | 7 & 11 February
- LiT Summer | 18-22 & 22-26 January
Parish Council Update
- We opened the meeting with prayer & a Bible reading
- We approved new hall ovens (up to $8500) and look forward to them being installed next month.
- We approved the amalgamation with Corrimal Anglican – this is to take effect Jan 1 2023 with a combined Parish Council. A new Parish Council will be elected at next year’s AGM. Plans to implement the merger are progressing.
- We received a Ministry report from Eden:
- There’s been encouraging, consistent attendance at youth group and they’re demonstrating growth as disciples – inviting friends, serving kids ministry, attending 7pm
- 19 people attended Simply Christianity over terms 2-3 – many irregular or non-Christians. Looking forward to another course this term.
- Excited and looking forward to being full-time next year. Hoping to maximise training and benefit before being ‘sent’ somewhere regional with Jake’s scholarship requirements in 2024
- Pray for more boys at Youth, the new Youth Minister whomever that is, Simply Christianity and that lives would be changed, for finishing off her OT job well and wisdom in working out what exactly to do next year
- Ministry Report from Stacey:
- Much has happened in the last 12 months with some particularly busy periods, but it’s been very exciting to have Mark start and the opportunities that is bringing
- Tuesday night Equip Ministry Training Year has been an encouragement, and its been enjoyable to have one of last year’s alumni (Gav Lowcock) come this year to help
- Currently working on a system for recruiting people to ministries across congregations for next year. Looking forward to helping people to be equipped to serve God and St Michael’s joyfully.
- Parish Council received many pledges – thank you! More information to come. We are praying for an appropriate candidate to join the team as an Assistant Minister for 9:45am and 11:30am EEC. Candidates for the Youth Minister role have been interviewed.
- Offertory remains below budget for 2022 ($26K or 4.7%) allowing for annual gifts, but in September was it was $73K (17.3% above budget).
- The Staff and Wardens are discussing overall plans for the site, space for Offices and ministry and how to use the site well and considering the financial impact.