Every September we run an Annual Thanksgiving Day (ATD) appeal to express our thankfulness for the great gospel ministry at St Michael’s. This year, St Michael’s Thanksgiving Day is Sunday 15 September.
For Thanksgiving Day, we receive a one-off thanksgiving donation of whatever members can afford and wish to give, with every cent being spent on ministries that have an impact beyond our local church area. This year’s ministry, mission and aid projects, suggested by members and approved by our Parish Council are:
- Anglican Aid: Myanmar Women and Child Development – caring for orphans and empowering women; target: $4000
- Port Kembla & Warrawong Anglican – supporting youth minister target: $4000;
- Overseas Council: theological education for slum pastors, Nairobi; target: $4000;
- New Churches for New Communities – building new church buildings in new housing suburbs in places like SW Sydney; target: $1000.
- Anglican Parish of Narromine with Trangie: further drought relief; target: $1000.
- Gift to theological students from St Michael’s – $900 each for Cameron Mason, James Chen, Emily Wynne, Joanna Hann, Matthew Shannon, Meaghan Gates.
Everything in excess of the basic targets will be shared equally between the first three recipients listed above.
We encourage you to generously. As the text of the first sermon ever preached in Australia asked… “How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?” (Psalm 116:12)
Gift envelopes will be available in church on Sunday 8 September, or you can give electronically via our church bank account using “ATD” in the description field (until the end of September):
- A/c Name: St Michaels Anglican Cathedral Wollongong (or as much as will fit)
- BSB 032 694
- A/c No. 266482
- Description: “ATD”