A. EVERY VOTER must sign a declaration at the beginning of the Meeting to affirm he/she:
- is a member of the Anglican Church of Australia (abbreviated to “ACA),
- has been baptised,
- is not less than the age of 18 years,
- has usually attended service of public worship at, St Michael’s for at least three months within the prior twelve months, –
- does not claim to be a member of any other church of the ACA,
- has not voted, nor intends to vote at a general meeting of any other church of the ACA within the three months of the date of the AGM.
Only those entitled to vote may make nominations.
B. THOSE NOMINATED must be communicant members of the ACA and at least 18 years of age. They must not be ‘prohibited persons’. In some cases, there may be one or two other minor restrictions.
PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE NOMINATING… Those with responsibility for leadership in God’s Church should be committed to His Word as the standard for personal belief and behaviour, and parish policy and direction. They also need to be able to fulfil the roles outlined below. Because the people elected have very important responsibilities in our parish, we encourage careful reflection about this.
Please pray that the Lord will raise up mature Christians with a teamwork mentality and servant-heart, ready to apply Biblical principles to the issues we face, and serve Him with personal commitment as elected office-bearers.