November Mission & Parish Council Update
Mission Update – CMS (Church Missionary Society)
In December, Mission of the Month giving is devoted to CMS. Through them we support these missionary families: Mal and Charissa Forrest, with children Aidan, Sasha and Toby, serving the International Anglican Church in Amman, Jordan; also D & L, with their son, M, in East Asia, where D teaches English in a university and they mentor local church leaders.Our newest link is with S & K, with their daughter, JJ, in gospel-zero Buddhist Asia. We also prayerfully support Roger and Noriko Dethlefs, serving in Japan.
Parish Council Update – November
- As always, we start with a member’s prayer & Bible reading – this time Proverbs 22.
- We received a report from Sandy about Synod, including key issues Synod has asked Parish Councils to consider: incl. Healthy Parish Relations guidelines, Lifelong Ministry Development for staff, form letters for ministry appointments, and large number of WWCC due for renewal; also noting from the previous, a need to consider parental leave for clergy from the Remuneration Guidelines.
- Last month PC gave in principle approval for a new Children’s Ministry Trainee at 16hrs/week for which expressions of interest have been sought. PC has now also supported budgeting to enable an additional focus of 8hrs each on the Engage and Evangelise ministry areas.
- PC agreed to purchase another new whiteboard and fan for the hall especially to assist EFL English classes. Would anyone who uses whiteboards please wipe them clean after use.
- As per bulletin notice today, we appreciated the largely positive feedback re. the Northern Transept proposal, and agreed unanimously to leave the rear pews in place, offer the pews with memorials to those remaining families, with or without the plaque, and any remaining plaques will be aesthetically arranged on ends of the rear pews, following denominational rules for this process.
- From several quotes, we agreed on a tradesperson to re-cover 36 pew boards with new foam and material for pews in the main body of the Cathedral, with a couple of others to be repaired.