Function & purpose:
to strategically resource, endorse and provide framework for ministries in accordance with the church’s vision (strategic direction).
Period of volunteering: At least 1 year from AGM (usually March)
Attendance and Expectations
• Regular church attendance (i.e. weekly) at St Michael’s and your growth group (or equivalent)
• Regular attendance at Parish Council meetings (11 in a year, currently 3rd Monday of each month at 7:15-9:30pm) and apologise in advance if unable to attend
• Commitment to growing as a Christian eg regular attendance at your growth group
• Contribute to formation of policy, approval of expenditure, determination of stipend/salary and allowances for staff, guidance regarding ministry within the parish and supporting Wardens with property maintenance
• Willingness to commit time outside of the meeting to liaise and action meeting decisions
• Respond to requests including approvals and circular motions in a timely manner
• A person 18 years of age who is a member of St Michael’s Anglican Cathedral
• The following persons may not be elected or appointed –is bankrupt, is mentally ill or is otherwise incapable of acting, or has been convicted of a disqualifying offence (Schedule 2 of the Child Protection [Working with Children] Act 2012)
• Commitment to growing as a disciple of Jesus and to maturity in Christ, evident in living with him as Lord, being marked by grace and gratitude in speech and action, and relationships that keep Jesus as Lord at the centre
• Integrity and confidentiality with respect to matters of privacy dealt with by Parish Council
• Commitment to safe ministry standards and to abiding by Faithfulness in Service (our Anglican code of conduct). We encourage maintaining current safe ministry training, and training in recognizing and responding to domestic violence.
• Have an understanding and commitment to St Michael’s vision, strategy and values