Parish Council Update | April
- We opened the meeting with Bible reading and prayer
- We welcomed new members to Parish Council – Rob McPaul, Ella McCann and David Pirie
- We received a report from the Acting Rector on the progress of the mission, in particular, we were encouraged by good attendance at Easter services
- We noted that Stacey is an elected lay representative for Sydney Diocese at General Synod (8-13 May) – please pray for her and all attendees as they consider important issues including same-sex marriage issues
- We determined that Staff members who work on Public Holidays should be given a day (or part thereof) in lieu within 4 weeks of the day
- We passed the minutes from the 2022 AGM in March and discussed the suggested resolutions
- That the Parish Council consider holding the AGM on a Sunday rather than an evening – PC noted pros and cons of various timeslots and will discuss options with the new rector for future years, perhaps alternating between Sunday afternoon and Monday evening. It was noted that the current AGM is well attended by a good cross-section of the parish
- That the parish council consider improving the access to the lower hall – Current access is via the street which requires leaving the property. To be further considered (and prioritized) within the master plan.
- That the Parish Council consider developing a whole site master plan – most large projects have been identified and prioritized by PC but not communicated to the Parish. Our intent is to collate this information and communicate to the parish.
- That Parish Council consider financially supporting Youthworks, and in particular the one-off project of administrative support for Anglican SRE. – The following motion was passed: Parish Council agrees to donate $2000 to Youthworks to support the SRE database project.
May Mission of the Month – Moore College & Anglican Aid (Overseas Ministry)
For more than 150 years, Moore College has been preparing men and women for a life-time of Christian ministry in which they will teach the Bible faithfully in the context of genuine, loving personal relationships. Find out more here: https://moore.edu.au/
Anglican Aid is an aid and ministry support agency of Sydney Anglicans in partnership with the global church. Their vision is to see the grace of God overflowing to a world in need. Their mission it to strengthen churches and help transform communities by building relationships between Australian Christians and local partners overseas. Find out more here: https://anglicanaid.org.au/